The Most Reverend Doctor Mark D. Manning, D.D., DRS, is the founder, Pastor and current board Pres-ident of our community. He leads our congregation in faithful living and community service. You can learn more about, Archbishop Dr. Manning or as he is more affectionately known as,"Bishop Mark" here.
The 8 Points of Progressive Christianity
Dallas Universal Life Church is a member of the Center for Progressive Christianity. By calling ourselves progressive, we mean that we are Christians who:
1. Believe that following the path and teachings of Jesus can lead to an awareness and experience of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life;
2. Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience the Sacredness and Oneness of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdom in our spiritual journey;
3. Seek community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to:
• Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics,
• Believers and agnostics,
• Women and men,
• Those of all sexual orientations and gender identities,
• Those of all classes and abilities;
4. Know that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe;
5. Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning than in absolutes;
6. Strive for peace and justice among all people;
7. Strive to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth; and
8. Commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love.
Forget What You Think
WHO IS OUR PASTOR?
You Know About Church!
At Dallas Universal Life Church, Inc, it's our mission to help you explore your relationship with God and the path he has designed just for you. We are here to help each other remain on their path and discover the true meaning of Christianity through in-depth Bible study, celebration of Holy Communion together, community service, self discovery, exploring our spirituality, friendship and love.
Everyone has been given their own path to follow, created for each of us, by God. That path is yours and it is not the church's place to tell you what your path is. Rather, the church's responsibility is to guide you to your given path and help you to remain on it throughout this leg of your journey.We use both the Old Testament and the Gospels in our teachings. We put those teachings into practice at home and at work.
We consider our church to be an all inclusive, Non- Denominational, Christian church. Our mission is to spread God's all-inclusive, unconditional love to the world by not just talking the talk, but by walking the walk in everything we do. We also subscribe and follow the 8 points of Progressive Christianity which are as follows: